Have a rummage...

Saturday 15 January 2011

Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines...

Game #2 of 2011- Aeronef, and a large scale bombing raid scenario, cooked up on the spot.  1630 points of Anglo-French versus 1907 Brasilian-Benelux.

Don't ask.

Anyway, my dice-rolling was appalling!  Fortunate enough to be able to fire off three 26-dice salvoes, I nevertheless managed to get not a single score of 6!  Still, I maintain my British squadron acquitted themselves well, considering the relative amount of enemy hull points they *finally* managed to destroy.  The game itself reminded me that of the epiphany I have had about point systems- they can be of use, but there's nothing as fun as having unequal sides, and scrapping away as the under dog!

Tomorrow's January's Club Sunday, and the enquiries of a junior member of the club mean there's a very strong chance of jungle in the game I'm running...

It's been a Black Pudding and sausagey kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Abingdon_Wargames

Powered by uk.groups.yahoo.com